• Overview of Service-now
• History of the tool
• Architecture of the tool
• ITIL Basic
• SAAS Basic
• Key Applications & basic customisations:
a) Understanding applications:
Creating an incident, field level understanding, Resolving an incident, Reopening an
incident, Moving incident to “awaiting problem” , closing an incident.
Creating a problem, field level understanding, Relating incidents to problem, Solving a
Creating a Change, Field level understanding, Closing a change.
IV. Service catalog
Concept of service catalog, creating a request, creating a requested item, understanding
of description, price.
Understanding data lookup tables(for priority evaluation)
• Different types of users in SNOW
• Understanding difference between client script and business rule
• g_form concept
• get and set values.
• Making a field readonly, mandatory, visible
• Concept of UI Policy
• Designing UI policy and client script
• Difference between UI policy and client script
• Gliderecord understanding.
• Table hierarchy
• Sys id concept
• Understanding business rule
• Understanding display business rule
• Debug business rule(addInfoMessage and logs)
• Script includes-Glideajax
• Async and sync difference
• Events and queue
• Email templates